Monday, May 31, 2010

May 26, 2010: Phlinx & Word Whomp

Phlinx Badge Challenge
Hieroglyphics Badge
Make 75 groups of 5 or more stones fall to the ground this week!
Win this badge plus 2000 Tokens!

Sadly no Play Buddy for this challenge. Even so, I was surprised at my skills. I completed this badge on easy in 59 minutes and earned an additional 1,273 tokens. This is a tricky game to play, let alone explain, so my advice is limited.


I recommend choosing the easy level because the puzzles are simplified and finish sooner. Look for any groups that you know will cause balls to fall. Then add some balls to that group if necessary to get 5+. Then "cut the tie" so-to-speak. I continued this process over and over and towards the end of this challenge I really got the hang of it, and you probably will, too.

Word Whomp Badge Challenge
Baby Carrots Badge
Find 15 6-letter words this week!
Win this badge plus 3000 Tokens!

Thanks to Whomp Buddy I got this badge in 6 minutes and an extra 2,283 tokens. BUT you'll get it much faster (hard to believe you can get it in faster time than 6 minutes, huh?) because halfway through I figured out a trick...

You do NOT have to finish the game to receive credit for the 6-letter words. That said, let the Buddy scan the game and generate the list of words on LEVEL 3. Then double-click all the words in the right-most column of the Buddy; these are all the 6-letter words and double-clicking on them automatically enters it into the game (such an awesome feature... man I love Play Buddy!). Then click "NEW GAME" and repeat the process. You'll be done in a couple minutes flat. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your experience or leave a comment about mine, here!